DELINQUENT TAXES & FORECLOSURES
Want More Information On Ohio's Revised
Our Delinquent Tax Department is often asked the same questions
regarding delinquent tax and foreclosures. What follows are some of these
questions and their answers:
- Q. Are Tax Lien Certificates issued?
- A. Please direct all questions regarding Tax
Lien Certificates to the Hamilton County Treasurer's Office, (513)
- Q. What is the date, time, and location of
your tax sale?
- A. Delinquent properties listed in the
Cincinnati Enquirer and the Court Index are offered for sale every Thursday at
11:00 A.M. in the Sheriff's Office, located in the Hamilton County Courthouse,
Room 260. Mr. Rick Snow is in charge of the sale and can be reached at
- Q. When and where are your tax sales
- A. Properties being foreclosed either due
to delinquent taxes or mortgage foreclosures are advertised in the Monday
Cincinnati Enquirer and the Court Index. Copies of the Court Index are sold in
the Hamilton County Courthouse or you can call or write to:
Cincinnati Court Index Press, Inc.
119 W. Central
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Q. What happens to the properties that do
not sell at the auction?
- A. There are two attempts to sell each
property at a Sheriff's sale. Properties not sold at the weekly sales are
offered for a third time at the Forfeited Land Sale. This sale is held every
June. All of the property to be sold is advertised in the Cincinnati Enquirer